Weddings & Venue Hire
A unique setting and an incredible venue
We are very pleased to announce that we have a number of confirmed weddings and events planned for this year. We are now taking bookings for 2023 and beyond. Should you wish to discuss potential ideas for a wedding, hiring us as a venue or for filming in the future, we’d love to hear from you. If you have an enquiry or any questions don’t hesitate to fill out the Events Enquiry Form below.
A UNIQUE SETTING
Set in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, our 32 acre nursery is in the middle of open fields surrounded by farmland and views of the South Downs. It is available for hire throughout the year, for your dream wedding. We are renowned for our symmetrical avenues of mature trees, sculptural Japanese topiary and internal spans housing thousands of rare and tropical plants.
Full of Tropical and Mediterranean plants, our tunnels provide you with plenty of space and complete cover come rain or shine. When it shines bright you could be in Tuscany and should the heavens open you’ll still stay dry but have all the drama of a tropical rainforest.
We also have a lake that is picturesque in all of the seasons, making it the perfect location for outdoor ceremonies and other gatherings.
In May 2018, we held our first wedding reception at the nursery. Rose and Hamish came to us wanting a beautiful venue with a difference – a place that would allow them to let their creativity take over.
Plants do the most wonderful job of dressing up a venue. With our guidance, they chose a dining area lined with hebes and bamboo-leafed oaks, with Carpinus betulus columns at either end to add a bit of grandeur.
We’d love to hear from you if you’re planning a wedding and need some inspiration, just complete the enquiry form below.
Thanks to Guy and the team at Architectural Plants for helping to create an amazing wedding. They went along with all of our ideas however mad they may have seemed – and were so enthusiastic from start to finish. A unique setting and an incredible venue.”
Dining & Gatherings
Our Nursery is a unique setting if you need a location to host a dinner, or are looking for the next venue for a business meeting or corporate event evening.
Friends of ours, The Secret Sussex Supper Club, have dished up regular evenings of deliciousness with us over the last couple of years. We’ve also played host to wine clubs, professional ‘foodie’ evenings, local motorcar clubs and musical soirees.
Our Studio is a new instalation designed for client meetings and small intimate suppers. We have a lake that is picturesque in all of the seasons, making it the perfect location for photoshoots, outdoor performances and gatherings.
Events Enquiry Form
PHOTOSHOOTS & FILMING
From intimate engagement shoots to corporate advertising campaigns, we offer almost limitless options as a photoshoot or filming venue. Click on the links below for a couple of our most recent examples.
- The nursery building consists of 11 polytunnels, measuring a total of 70m x 60m
- 4m clear working height throughout
- The building is fully laid out with plants and trees of varying sizes and forms, which can be cleared to create large indoor areas
- The building is secured with doors at each end, spaced 15m apart
- Inside is laid with gravel, divided every 15m by 2m-wide concrete paths with a load capacity of 4 tonnes
- Wi-Fi covers the entire site, including the boulevard
- Two fields (one 13 acres, the other 7 acres) and landscaped lake area
- A hard-standing area to the rear of the nursery building provides enough parking for five articulated lorries
- Additional parking for 50 cars in winter and 600 cars in summer
WHAT WE CAN PROVIDE FOR YOU
- 2 Hyster forklift trucks (1.5 ton) manned by us
- 1 JCB all terrain forklift (2 ton) handler manned by us
- High access telescopic platform with an operating height of 6m manned by us along with various trollies, cages and stillages
- Plant handlers and general labour upon request
- Outside catering can be arranged and provided if necessary
- 1 hour from South West London and 45 minutes from central Brighton
- 30-minute drive north of the south coast
- Pulborough is the nearest town and train station, 2 miles away
- Gatwick is the nearest airport, a 30-minute drive away
- There are plenty of hotels and country pubs in the local area; recommendations are available on request