Weddings, Venue Hire & Filming
A unique setting and an incredible venue
All our events are currently under review and will be postponed until further notice. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to fill out the form below. Should you wish to discuss potential ideas for a wedding, hiring us as a venue or for filming in the future, we’d still love to hear from you.
Weddings, Venue Hire & Filming
A UNIQUE SETTING
The nursery and its adjoining land is available for hire throughout the year, whether you’re planning your dream wedding, need a location to host a dinner, or are looking for the next venue for a business project.
Set in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, we are renowned for our symmetrical avenues of mature trees, sculptural Japanese topiary and internal spans housing thousands of rare and tropical plants.
Our nursery is in the middle of 32 acres of open fields surrounded by farmland and views of the South Downs. We have a lake that is picturesque in all of the seasons, making it the perfect location for photoshoots, outdoor performances and gatherings.
WEDDINGS & VENUE HIRE
In May 2018, we held our first wedding reception at the nursery. Rose and Hamish came to us wanting a beautiful venue with a difference – a place that would allow them to let their creativity take over.
Plants do the most wonderful job of dressing up a venue. With our guidance, they chose a dining area lined with hebes and bamboo-leafed oaks, with Carpinus betulus columns at either end to add a bit of grandeur.
We’d love to hear from you if you’re planning a wedding and need some inspiration, just complete the enquiry form below. We can accommodate up to 150 guests.
Currently, arrangements for all new bookings in 2021 and beyond will depend on the relevant updated Government health guidelines.
Thanks to Guy and the team at Architectural Plants for helping to create an amazing wedding. They went along with all of our ideas however mad they may have seemed – and were so enthusiastic from start to finish. A unique setting and an incredible venue.”
PHOTOSHOOTS & FILMING
From intimate engagement shoots to corporate advertising campaigns, we offer almost limitless options as a photoshoot or filming venue. Click on the links below for a couple of our most recent examples.
- The nursery building consists of 11 polytunnels, measuring a total of 70m x 60m
- 4m clear working height throughout
- The building is fully laid out with plants and trees of varying sizes and forms, which can be cleared to create large indoor areas
- The building is secured with doors at each end, spaced 15m apart
- Inside is laid with gravel, divided every 15m by 2m-wide concrete paths with a load capacity of 4 tonnes
- The cafe can provide additional seating and standing space, or can be used as a bar area for functions
- Wi-Fi covers the entire site, including the boulevard
- Two fields (one 13 acres, the other 7 acres) and landscaped lake area
- A hard-standing area to the rear of the nursery building provides enough parking for five articulated lorries
- Additional parking for 50 cars in winter and 600 cars in summer
WHAT WE CAN PROVIDE FOR YOU
- 2 Hyster forklift trucks (1.5 ton) manned by us
- 1 JCB all terrain forklift (2 ton) handler manned by us
- High access telescopic platform with an operating height of 6m manned by us along with various trollies, cages and stillages
- Plant handlers and general labour upon request
- Coffee shop can be manned by us to provide hot and cold drinks, alcohol and food
- Outside catering can be arranged and provided if necessary
- 1 hour from South West London and 45 minutes from central Brighton
- 30-minute drive north of the south coast
- Pulborough is the nearest town and train station, 2 miles away
- Gatwick is the nearest airport, a 30-minute drive away
- There are plenty of hotels and country pubs in the local area; recommendations are available on request